Biodesign Directory Profile
Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, PhD
The Biodesign Institute, Swette Center for Environmental Biotechnology
ExpertiseBiotransformation and fate of environmental contaminants with an emphasis on environmental applications of molecular microbial ecology. Other areas of interest include bioremediation of soil, sediments, and groundwater and the use of microbial systems.
Education2005, Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
2000, M.S. in Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
1996, B.S. in Industrial Biochemical Engineering, UAM-I Mexico City
- Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, F Saunders, K Ritalahti, F Löffler. Environmental distribution of the trichloroethene reductive dehalogenase gene (tceA) suggests lateral gene transfer among Dehalococcoides. FEMS Microbiology Ecology (2007) Refereed Articles.
- A Waller, Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, F Löffler, E Edwards. Multiple reductive-dehalogenase-homologous genes are simultaneously transcribed during dechlorination by Dehalococcoides-containing cultures. Applied and Environmental Microbiology (2005) Refereed Articles.
- J He, Y Sung, Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, K Ritalahti, F Löffler. Isolation and characterization of Dehalococcoides sp. strain FL2, a trichloroethene (TCE)- and 1,2-dichloroethene-respiring anaerobe. Environmental Microbiology (2004) Refereed Articles.
- Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, T Hölscher, I NThomson, F Saunders, K Ritalahti, F Löffler. Genetic Identification of a Putative Vinyl Chloride Reductase in Dehalococcoides sp. Strain BAV1. Applied and Environmental Microbiology (2004) Refereed Articles.
- T Hölscher, Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, K Ritalahti, F Wintzingerode, H Görisch, F Löffler, L Adrian. Multiple non-identical reductive dehalogenase homologous genes are common in Dehalococcoides. Applied and Environmental Microbiology (2004) Refereed Articles.
- J Lendvay, Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, C Majot, M Barcelona, E Petrovskis, J Tiedje, P Adriaens, F Löffler, M Dollhopf, M Aiello, G Daniels, B Fathepure, M Gebhard, R Heine, J Shi. Bioreactive barriers: bioaugmentation and biostimulation for chlorinated solvent remediation. Environmental Science and Technology (2003) Refereed Articles.